Sunday, June 15, 2014

Summer (Bucket?) List

Alright, this one's gonna be a long one.

Summer just started, the weekend is about to be over and I'm already kind of ready for school to start again. Even though I had an amazing time at Summer Bash last night and there are lots of things I really want to do this summer, I feel like school is part of me. I'm going to miss seeing my friends, the little schedules we had nonverbally agreed upon, the teachers and their smiles and their kindness. Instead of looking forward to summer, I find myself looking forward to senior year and college.

So to keep myself in the present, and save my summer, I'm creating a kind of list of things that I want to accomplish or at least strive for between now and school starts. It's kind of a weird list, some things are events I want to go to, others are tasks that have to be completed daily (you know, the everyday grind for DFW folks out there), or things I'm looking forward to, but they're all me. Hope you enjoy!

THE LIST:

  • go to outdoor music concerts (Wicker Park fest, maybe?)
  • maintain my summer garden (and post photos to Twitter to document the progression)
  • enjoy my two weeks in Mexico (and blog about them!)
  • eat healthier (keep up with myfitnesspal.com to get a general idea of calories and sugar)
  • swim club (6am every weekday when I'm in town, get in shape for swim season-potentially)
  • get stronger (go to the club for strength training, the Ceja special?)
  • work on my novel ("Things I've Been Told" drafts currently in Simplenote)
  • make a music video to an oldish song (I don't know why, but I feel the need to)
  • keep composting (may be we'll be able to use it by the end of the summer)
  • visit at least one school (probably UMich, but maybe Johns Hopkins and Penn)
  • go to the middle of nowhere and forget everything (nothing more to add here)
  • read (start by finishing I Am Malala and The Things They Carried and Death in Slow Motion)
  • bike to the Botanic Gardens (and along the lake and just a lot of places... the CTA is expensive)
  • work (robotics needs funding and yearbook needs designing)
  • sleeping (going for those 10 hours a night in hopes of getting taller... maybe?)
  • write about all of it (as in... actually use this blog because May was a disgrace after April)
So, that's me and my summer in a bulleted list!

No comments:

Post a Comment